Oxygen facials are finally available at Skin Studio By Megan. Oxygen facials have gained a huge celebrity following for their amazing rejuvenating and restorative actions. They plump the skin and give a glowy appearance making it perfect for events. Oxygen facials can be used on any skin type. Due to the germicidal acton, it makes this procedure extremely beneficial for any one with acne & also rosacea. The lightening & vascoconstricting capabilities give instant results. Oxygen facials are quick, easy and pleasant. Oxygen is essential to life and keeping skin looking young & healthy. The end result is clear & luminous skin with a feeling of firmness. You can repeat as often as weekly.
-increases skin function
-skin lightening agent improves scars and lightens sun damage
-stimulates fibroblasts to produce more collagen in the dermis
-oxygen kills bacteria
Hi everyone I am SO excited to announce a new product line coming to Skin Studio By Megan. Viktoria De Ann products are top of the line. These line of peptide treatments will soon be taking over Skin Studio By Megan. After sampling the products for several weeks on clients and myself, the results are amazing & I cannot wait to share these products with you.
What are peptides? Peptides are one of the best ingredients for age management. These active molecules work by penetrating the top layer of the skin and sending specific signals to our cells to let them know how to function. Each peptide helps the skin to achieve a specific result, whether you desire more collagen, need to tone, lift, correct, hydrate, etc. Each peptide in your regimen can and will yield significant, visible changes within the skin when used in a routine. These peptides send specific messages to the skin and target the dermal growth areas of the skin producing positive changes within the layers of the epidermis. Viktoria De'Ann Peptide Cosmeceuticals provide cumulative results that don't plateau leaving your skin in optimum health. Here are a few of the products from this line I will be offering...
LIFT: Tightens the cellular tension of the cell structure and literally tightens and lifts neck, jowls, cheeks, eyes... wherever it is applied. $70
TONE: Relax that forehead of yours! A natural muscle relaxer and is an excellent alternative to BOTOX. If you have botox, this will help make it last longer. I am loving this product so far & can really tell a difference in my forehead. $70
REJUVENATE: Initiates cellular responses of repair and regeneration. $70
EYE SERUM: Reduces puffiness and dark circles & firms delicate skin around the eye area. This serum is what sold me on this line. The signs of aging (stress, puffiness, and dark circles) are reduced to improve the appearance of the skin. Acting as an antioxidant and optimizing hydration, green tea extract and soluble collagen are complimentary actives to the UET-3 peptide complex. It is my new favorite eye product & you all know how picky I am with eye creams/serums. $38
I'm in LOVE with this product line and you will be too! I am also testing out their lash growth serum. You guys know I love my GrandeLash MD, so I am testing this out to see if it is better. It is more pricey ($90 compared to Grande at $65). I will bring it on as well depending on results but so far I am seeing more growth! I can't wait for you guys to get your hands on this line.
November is National Healthy Skin Month! Which means Skin Studio By Megan will be giving out daily tips for your skin. Follow these tips & tricks for happy, healthy, youthful & glowing skin!
1) Don't skip your SPF.
2) Don't drink from a straw, it will create wrinkles around the mouth.
3) Exfoliate 1-3 times per week, depending on your skin type. Ask your esthetician how often you should exfoliate.
4) Make sure you have a product with Hyualoronic Acid in your skincare regimen.
5) Drink more water. Hydrate from the inside out. More water means less breakouts, redness and gives a glow to the skin.
6) Stop going to the tanning bed.
7) Get your skin glowing with greens. Eat more dark leafy veggies or drink them with juices.
8) It is never too early to start a good skincare regimen. Treatments with your esthetician only go so far...you must have good home care. Think about if you work out a few times a week but eat like crap...not good results.
9) Don't squeeze your pimples. Most of the time you are only making it worse...leading to scabbing, scarring, bleeding & inflammation.
10) Eat and drink your antioxidants. They fight free radicals (the bad guys). Green tea is a great form.
11) Add a form of retinol to your regimen. Retinol, retin-A, tretinion is a topical form of vitamin A. It desquamates the follicle lining...AKA turns over your skin cells faster. This is a process that slows down as we age...our goal is to speed it back up!
12) Moisturize your lips. A good cheap way is aquafor....it is amazing for dry, cracked lips.
13) Add a few drops of liquid chlorophyll to water to combat breakouts.
14) Oily skin ladies...use salicylic acid, either treatments or in your home care. It dissolves oil & helps with breakouts.
15) Get an enzyme treatment...I LOVE these. Enzyme treatments help break down the cornfield layer, "opens" pores & softens solified sebum.
16) Commit to a good daily gentle cleanser. It is also nice to throw a treatment cleanser in 1-3 times a week. I love the Skin Script Glycolic Acid Cleanser.
17) Use luke warm water when cleansing your skin & showering. Extremely hot water will dry out your skin.
18) Use an eye cream or serem...prevent those crows feet before they begin.
19) Get monthly facials, chemical peels or microdermabrasions. It is like a workout for your skin. Also getting monthly treatments helps speed up that cellular turnover rate we talked about earlier.
20) Use a good mask 1-3 times per week.
21) Address gut health. Adding a daily probiotic can really help the skin clear up & have a nice glow.
22) Get a good amount of sleep.
23) Clean your makeup brushes.
24) Toss your makeup wipes....80% of them are terrible for the skin. Swap these out for micellar cleansing water.
25) Get a high frequency treatment. High frequency kills bacteria, soothes skin, minimizes redness, decongests puffy eyes, stimulates cell renewal, calms inflammation, speeds up the healing process. This only takes a few minutes and is the bomb for busting breakouts.
26) You must be using a Vitamin C in your home care regimen. Vitamin C used topically tightens, lightens & brightens the skin. It is packed full of antioxidants leaving a healthy glow. It also protects from sun damage (still need to use a SPF) & helps reverse old damage. Check out one of my favorite Vitamin C products on this blog post ----> CLICK HERE
27) Add Omega 3's to your skincare routine to help fight inflammation that leads to breakouts and for a healthy glow.
28) Don't forget to use skincare products on your neck, chest & hands. They age too!
29) Peel away pigmentation...don't be afraid of chemical peels.
30) Give yourself an ice facial. Wrap an ice cube in a paper towels & rub over your face. It helps with redness, decreases the appearance of the pores, decreases breakouts, and gives an amazing glow.
I love a good mask just as much as I love a good exfoliating scrub. Skin Scripts Retinol Exfoliating Scrub/Mask gives me both for the price of one. EVERYONE should be using a form of topical Vitamin A (retinol, retin-A, tretinoin) in their home care skin routine. Why is topical Vitamin A so important to our skin? It helps promote a healthy cellular turnover, unclogs pores, boosts collagen to reduce fine lines, evens discoloration, smothers & resurfaces skin. Most women as soon as early twenties will benefit from adding a retinol product to their routine.
Skin Scripts 2% Retinol Exfoliating Scrub/Mask with Kojic and Malic Acid
Functions: This scrub exfoliates while brightening to promote a clear, healthy skin tone. It is a powerful cellular turnover scrub. It also encourages the breakup of blackheads. Kojic lightens age and sun spots & blemishes from scars.
Recommended For: All skin types as an exfoliant. Great for aging and acne.
How to use: After cleansing, apply a thin layer and allow the active ingredients to penetrate into the skin for 5-10 minutes. Add a minimal amount of water and work in circular motions to exfoliate the skin. Remove completely with water. Use this 2-3 times per week, depending on your skin type. If dryness occurs, reduce usage. For a booster, cleanse with glycolic cleanser then add this mask over top. Steam up for 10 minutes in the shower, then gently remove in circular motions.
-resurfaces and refines skin
-lessens visible aging
-provides chemical and physical exfoliation
-promotes collagen synthesis
-assists in healing and rejuvenating.
Jojoba Beads- provide physical exfoliation and gently buffs away dead surface debris. Leaves behind jojoba esters which is a moisture retaining component of natural skin sebum.
Kojic Acid 2%- lightens skin discolorations, slows the production of melanin and assets in maintaining the desired skin coloration after aggressive depigmentation treatments.
Retinol- dissolves keratinization, resurfaces and smoothes the skin, stimulates collagen production to improve skin quality and youthfulness.
Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon)- is astringent, purifying, toning, brightening, promotes a taught toned skin tissue.
Malic Acid- enhances desquamation of the stratum corneum and improves the appearance of the skin.
Get this product into your weekly routine. Available at Skin Studio By Megan. This product is $43 and usually lasts me at least 3 months since it is used sparingly. This is definitely a staple product and a best seller.
Todays post in on how to achieve the best lash lift. Lash Lifts are an amazing service if provided by a great lash artist. A lash lift permanently curls your own natural lash by lifting them up & out. A lift will last until all the lashes fall out naturally (generally 6-12 weeks). We typically shed 1-5 lashes per day. Make sure your lash artist has lots of before & afters showing their work. The biggest problem with lifting lashes is some artists don't separate the lashes on the rod properly. See photo below.
Here are some tips for better lifts:
-Using a lash growth serum will make your natural lashes longer, thicker & fuller, resulting in a better lift. I love and retail GrandeLash MD $65. If you have short and brittle lashes, use a serum 8 weeks before getting a lift.
-Do not use waterproof mascara the week of your lift, before the lift & after. It is really tough on the lashes and hard to remove.
-Avoid wearing eye makeup for 24 hours after the lift.
-Tinting the lashes (darkens natural lash) will make the lashes appear longer...resulting in a better lift.
-Don't touch or play with the lashes after the lift.
-no steam, heat, saunas, water, oils, lotion, shampoo, face wash, makeup remover wipes for a minimum of 24 hours after the lift. This will cause the lift to fall. Be careful even cooking (boiling water, grill, etc.).
-try not to side sleep
-avoid oily face washes, this will cause lift to drop prematurely
Lashes should always be dried before leaving the appointment. Water will weigh down and cause the lift to drop. I always fan dry clients lashes before they leave.
Here are some of my favorite lifts I have personally done at Skin Studio By Megan in Lexington, KY.
Inflammation is part of the bodies immune system. When inflammation is out of control, it can damage the body. Foods with sugar and saturated fat can spark inflammation. We all know inflammation leads to breakouts and makes them worse, as well as other skin conditions. So lets chat about the foods that reduce inflammation. Hit the grocery store and stock up on these items:
Those are some of my favorites that are easy to add into your diet. Smoothies & juicing can be amazing for reducing inflammation & can combine several anti-inflammatory foods. What are your favorite anti-inflammatory foods? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat more.
Arnica Montana is a game changer to help with bruising, swelling, aches & pains.
Arnica is an herb used for bruises, swelling, aches & pains. This magical supplement is not only good for fillers/botox injections but great for the following:
Arnica is one of the best remedies available to heal bruises faster, speeding up the process of healing. It also sends more white blood cells to repair bruising.
How to use it:
Arnica comes in oral form or a topical gel. The topical form is great to rub on sore muscles. For oral supplements, you simply dissolve them under the tongue. Most recommend using arnica 4 days before and 4 days after injections.
I recently had a terrible bruise on my knee, thanks to arnica it healed quickly. This also helps relieve my shoulder pain and inflammation.
Other Tips For Limiting Bruising with injections:
-avoid aspirin & NSAIDS
Keep in mind I am NO doctor hah, so check with your doctor before taking any supplements.