Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Microdermabrasion

Microdermabrasion is my most popular treatment. However, many of my clients come in for a microdermabrasion and aren't sure exactly what it is. This post is to go over what a microdermabrasion is & the benefits of a treatment! I absolutely love microderms and how soft my skin is afterwards. 

What is microdermabrasion? 

A microdermabrasion is a treatment using mechanical exfoliation to gently exfoliate the epidermis. It works by using a sterile diamond head to abrade the top layer of skin, then vacuuming out the particles along with any dirt and dead skin back up. The results after a microdermabrasion treatment is usually a healthy, glowing, beautiful skin. 

Pictured above is the diamond tip attached to the vacuum hose.


Does microdermabrasion hurt? 

This is a popular question. Microdermabrasion feels like sandpaper against the skin accompanied by a vacuum cleaner. I love the feeling of it, so do my clients. 

Benefits of a microdermabrasion:

-reduces fine lines & wrinkles
-evens out skin tone
-reduces age spots
-treats sun damaged skin
-reduces acne & acne scarring
-smoothes skin
-removes blackheads & whiteheads
-gives the skin a healthy glow
-tightens pores


Here is a before & after showing how amazing microdermabrasion works on blackheads. Although it doesn't remove ALL of it in one session...the immediate improvement is amazing! 

I have always had oily acneic prone skin. I was referred by my dermatologist in eighth grade to start getting microdermabrasions. I have been hooked ever since. 


No comments:

Post a Comment