Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Summer Skin Tips

It is finallly getting warm & sunny in the bluegrass...can I get an AMEN? With summer coming it calls for a blog post on tips & tricks for summer skincare. Although I love being out in the sun at the lake, I also love having no sun damage on my face. Luckily, when you play your cards right....you can enjoy both. Staying proactive and sun smart will save you from sun spots years down the road. Here are some tips and tricks for skincare in the summertime.

1) Exfoliate your dry winter skin away. Although in the summertime we do not want to do deep peels or laser treatments, it is a great time for a light chemical peel or microdermabrasion to remove the dead buildup of skin cells from the dryness of winter. 


2) Switch your moisturizer: Usually in the summertime it is best to switch your moisturizer from the heavier winter creams to a lighter formula for summertime. I usually switch from Skin Scripts Ageless moisturizer or Acai Berry to the light aloe moisturizer for summer. The others are too heavy in the summertime and leave my skin more oily. Talk to your esthetician if you feel your moisturizer is too heavy this time of year.


3) Toner to cool down: This is my favorite tip. I LOVE Skin Scripts Cucumber Hydration Toner (the one every client says "I love the smell of that" after I spritz it during treatments"). I keep a bottle in my purse during the summer to spritz down and cool off while I am at the lake, pool and beach. Keep it stored in your fridge for an even cooler spritz down. Not only does this refresh your face, it will restore makeup and hydrate your skin at the same time. 


4) Start slow in the sun: Make sure you start going out into the sun in small steps. You do not want to be outside in the sun all day long for this first time & fry like a little piggy. Skin cancer is no joke people. You need to build a tolerance to the sun so you do not damage your skin. 


5) SPF: ALL DAY. EVERY DAY. Apply at least SPF 30 every two hours. I cannot stress this enough. It is so much easier to apply and prevent sun damage over removing it later with treatments  & products. Also you are saving your life from skin cancer. I love brush on block. This is a mineral based SPF that you simply brush onto the skin. This translucent powder makes it so simple to reapply my SPF without messing up my makeup. Actually, it helps control my oil every time I apply...win! This is also great for kids & applying in the hairline. Skip the messy sprays with this mineral based sun protection. Get your brush on block at Skin Studio By Megan for $32...refills are $17


6) Antioxidants: Don't leave the house without antioxidant protection. A good Vitamin C serum helps protect from dangerous UV rays as well as lighten up pigmentation from previous sun damage. Vitamin C is a must for everyone daily. My favorite are iS Clinical Super Serum, iS Clinical Pro-Heal & Skin Script Vitamin C/Green Tea Serum. 



7) Lash Lift. Lash Tint. Brow Tint:Look a little more "put together" when you are makeup free at the beach, pool, or lake. A lash lift curls your natural lashes making them appear longer & curled. A tint will darken your natural lash giving the appearance of mascara. Tinting your eyebrows will help them look more filled in. This is great for blondes or light hair. Lifts are $65 and will last 6-12 weeks. Get a lift and tint for $85. Eyelash tints alone of $20 and eyebrow tints are $15.












Get your skin ready for summertime. Hope you enjoy. 






1 comment:

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hair care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete