November is National Healthy Skin Month! Which means Skin Studio By Megan will be giving out daily tips for your skin. Follow these tips & tricks for happy, healthy, youthful & glowing skin!
1) Don't skip your SPF.
2) Don't drink from a straw, it will create wrinkles around the mouth.
3) Exfoliate 1-3 times per week, depending on your skin type. Ask your esthetician how often you should exfoliate.
4) Make sure you have a product with Hyualoronic Acid in your skincare regimen.
5) Drink more water. Hydrate from the inside out. More water means less breakouts, redness and gives a glow to the skin.
6) Stop going to the tanning bed.
7) Get your skin glowing with greens. Eat more dark leafy veggies or drink them with juices.
8) It is never too early to start a good skincare regimen. Treatments with your esthetician only go so far...you must have good home care. Think about if you work out a few times a week but eat like crap...not good results.
9) Don't squeeze your pimples. Most of the time you are only making it worse...leading to scabbing, scarring, bleeding & inflammation.
10) Eat and drink your antioxidants. They fight free radicals (the bad guys). Green tea is a great form.
11) Add a form of retinol to your regimen. Retinol, retin-A, tretinion is a topical form of vitamin A. It desquamates the follicle lining...AKA turns over your skin cells faster. This is a process that slows down as we age...our goal is to speed it back up!
12) Moisturize your lips. A good cheap way is aquafor....it is amazing for dry, cracked lips.
13) Add a few drops of liquid chlorophyll to water to combat breakouts.
14) Oily skin ladies...use salicylic acid, either treatments or in your home care. It dissolves oil & helps with breakouts.
15) Get an enzyme treatment...I LOVE these. Enzyme treatments help break down the cornfield layer, "opens" pores & softens solified sebum.
16) Commit to a good daily gentle cleanser. It is also nice to throw a treatment cleanser in 1-3 times a week. I love the Skin Script Glycolic Acid Cleanser.
17) Use luke warm water when cleansing your skin & showering. Extremely hot water will dry out your skin.
18) Use an eye cream or serem...prevent those crows feet before they begin.
19) Get monthly facials, chemical peels or microdermabrasions. It is like a workout for your skin. Also getting monthly treatments helps speed up that cellular turnover rate we talked about earlier.
20) Use a good mask 1-3 times per week.
21) Address gut health. Adding a daily probiotic can really help the skin clear up & have a nice glow.
22) Get a good amount of sleep.
23) Clean your makeup brushes.
24) Toss your makeup wipes....80% of them are terrible for the skin. Swap these out for micellar cleansing water.
25) Get a high frequency treatment. High frequency kills bacteria, soothes skin, minimizes redness, decongests puffy eyes, stimulates cell renewal, calms inflammation, speeds up the healing process. This only takes a few minutes and is the bomb for busting breakouts.
26) You must be using a Vitamin C in your home care regimen. Vitamin C used topically tightens, lightens & brightens the skin. It is packed full of antioxidants leaving a healthy glow. It also protects from sun damage (still need to use a SPF) & helps reverse old damage. Check out one of my favorite Vitamin C products on this blog post ----> CLICK HERE
27) Add Omega 3's to your skincare routine to help fight inflammation that leads to breakouts and for a healthy glow.
28) Don't forget to use skincare products on your neck, chest & hands. They age too!
29) Peel away pigmentation...don't be afraid of chemical peels.
30) Give yourself an ice facial. Wrap an ice cube in a paper towels & rub over your face. It helps with redness, decreases the appearance of the pores, decreases breakouts, and gives an amazing glow.