Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cucumber, Lemon, Mint Detox Water

     



Today I want to share with you all my favorite way to switch up your old boring water. Water intake makes a huge difference in the appearance of your skin including redness, fine lines & blemishes. I am guilty of not drinking enough water, having kidney stones I am supposed to double my water intake...it seems impossible. This fruit infused water is a great way to switch things up & has great benefits at the same time....win. This detox water is so refreshing and the perfect beverage for spring & summer.


What you need: 
-lemons
-mint 
-cucumber
-pitcher (I love my infused pitcher) 


How to make it:
-Thinly slice your lemons & cucumbers (thanks to my husband for taking over this step) 
-Pull off some mint leaves 
-Put ingredients into your infuser or regular pitcher with water
-Refrigerate at least 4 hours or over night. 






Benefits: 

Lemon
-Helps cleanse amd alkalize the body.
-Aids in digestion 
-Boosts immune system 

Cucumber
-Inhibits behavior of pro-inflammatory enzymes 
-Rich in antioxidants
-Hydrates
-Anti-inflammatory


Mint
-Digestion comfort
-Sweetness without sugar
-Studies show helps top colitis & irritable bowl syndrome 






ENJOY....do you have some great water recipes? Send them to me at www.skinstudiobymegan@gmail.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment