Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bridal Skin Tips

With Christmas and Valentine's Day being over...that means one thing....ENGAGEMENTS! I absolutely love everything about weddings and engagements. That is probably because I just got married this past August and I am so sad it is all over. With that being said, I do NOT miss the stress of planning a wedding, the sleepless nights, and the stress of stressing over my skin. I have always had oily, acne-prone skin. I have spent...aka my parents have spent thousands of dollars growing up on skin care products, prescriptions & treatments. Having clear skin on my wedding day was a miracle by the skin gods & also took a lot of work and timing on my end. This post is just some quick tips to clear, glowing & healthy skin on your big day.





  • Hydrate: Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins & hydrate your skin. Another great way to hydrate is tea. My favorite is Yogi Skin Detox for acne prone skin or Yogi Skin Health for normal skin.
  • Avoid aggressive treatments one-two weeks prior to wedding date.
  • Avoid changing your skincare products 2 months before wedding. Most products take at least 4-8 weeks to start seeing results. Switching products can also lead to irritation and blemishes. Have a consultation to decide what products your skin needs. Before your wedding it is a necessity to invest in good quality skincare products. Spend a little extra money on pharmaceutical grade products...your skin will thank you.
  • Exfoliation is key to healthy, glowing, clear skin. Bi-weekly professional exfoliation treatments are recommended for several months leading up to the big day.
  • Ice cube facials nightly at home. Wrap an ice cube in a paper towel and gently massage over face. This helps reduce redness, blemishes, improves circulation, reduces puffiness & appearance of pores and gives the skin a healthy glow. 
  • Add Vitamin C serum to your at home skincare regimen. It lightens, tightens, and brightens the skin. It gives the skin a healthy glow.
  • Use an Epson salt scrub for your body. This is great for dry elbows and knees. My favorite is Dr. Teals Eucalyptus Epson salts (I get mine at Target). You can mix some in your Jacuzzi or mix a handful with your favorite body wash and gently massage into skin. 
  • Clean makeup brushes with an antibacterial soap frequently.
  • Wash pillow cases frequently.
  • Add a multi-vitamin or Vitamin B & C. I love the Vitamin B-complex & Vitamin C gummies...so tasty!
  • The week of your wedding get a micro-current facial. This is a perfect day of treatment to de-puff the skin, get an instant lift & glow. No downtime or side effects.
  • If you have certain concerns (pigmentation, acne, rosacea, unwanted facial hair, etc.) discuss with your esthetician how to address these concerns. 
  • Lasers and botox need to be addressed early and timed out before your wedding to avoid side effects on your big day.
  • If you struggle with acne-prone skin consider talking with your doctor or dermatologist about getting a prescription antibiotic to avoid any blemishes on your big day! I have had great results with the antibiotic bactrim. Quick results and no side effects. Everyone reacts differently with medications so discuss options with your doctor. 
  • Test different foundations that are best for your skin type. I used Dior Airflash on my wedding day ($62 available at Sephora). I absolutely love the coverage of this foundation and use it on special occasions because it usually clogs my pores. However my best friend (esthy & manager at Sephora) recommended I try their version Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation...I have to say it is WAY better than Dior's version and is only $28. The coverage is fantastic, my pores appear much smaller & I don't appear as oily throughout the day. I am in love with this foundation, and the best part is it doesn't clog my pores.
I hope some of these tips & tricks will help you get your skin wedding ready! If you have any questions or concerns on your skin email me at skinstudiobymegan@gmail.com. I would be glad to help! Here are some pictures from my big day. I miss it SO much. 



















Venue: The Thoroughbred Club of America
Hair: Pink Lou Lou (Allison Johnson)
Makeup: Caroline Clay
Photographer: Chance McCool
Videographer: Hannah Johnson

check out this sweet video my friend Hannah Johnson made of our big day...I tear up everytime I watch it










No comments:

Post a Comment