Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Milia

          
    


Milia is the hardest most frustrating thing for an esthetician to try and treat. Most states it is illegal for Estheticians to try and lance out milia and it must be done by a dermatologist. Once you really understand milia and what the root cause of it is, it is much easier to treat. Thanks to my new skincare line Skin Scripts I have a much greater understanding on milia and how to treat it. I myself have experienced milia under my eyes and successfully removed it. 

What is milia?
Lack of free water in the skin. Milia are hard white pearlish bumps generally found around the eye area or forehead. This is a result from Trans Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) which is evaporation of water from the skin. The skin around the eye area is so thin, that is why milia is more common in this area. Our skin is made of bi-layers of water and oil which is usually equal parts. When we experience TEWL from not enough water, the oil in the skin crystalizes forming into milia.

How do I remove milia?
I tried everything to remove my milia under my eyes before I really understood how to remove it. I applied chemical peels weekly and did very aggressive Microderms to try and exfoliate it off. I tried lancing it & extracting it every way possible. Milia is not a pimple and it is not in our pore, making it hard to extract.

With this being said the easiest way to remove milia is by replacing water to the skin lost in TEWL. Drinking more water is the first step to the removal process. The second step is using Skin Scripts Ageless Hydrating Serum. This serum has hyaluronic acid in it, which binds moisture to the skin. This product also contains spingolipids which act as a ceramide to bind water back into the skin and sink up equally with the water so it doesn't evaporate. With milia stop thinking about exfoliation as a treatment. Drink more water and apply ageless hydrating serum from Skin Scripts morning and night all the way up to the lash line. After 4 weeks of use twice daily the milia should be able to lance out by a professional. By 8 weeks the milia should resolve on their own.

This serum is my new favorite product and it's only $30...yes I said $30. Skin Scripts is a very effective natural line that is super affordable. It's also a great moisturizer for all skin types including acne prone skin. I'm going to start using this after my dermaroller!


                             

      
            
    




No comments:

Post a Comment