Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

3 WAYS TO STOP THE SIGNS OF AGING ON YOUR HANDS

Here are 3 helpful tips on how to stop the signs of aging on your hands. I cannot stand when I see an older woman with a face free of wrinkles and her hands are covered in sun damage & wrinkles. When guessing the age of someone I immediately check their hands and chest as well as face. With my 24th birthday coming up this month, I have been thinking about what else I need to add into my skincare regimen for anti-aging purposes. I have always used anti-acne products and some do contain anti-aging properties, however I am just using these on my face. I need to start focusing on neck, chest, and hand protection as well. If you are in your twenties or even in your sixties, you can start applying these tips to your regimen today. 



1. SUNSCREEN- All day every day people. Like I mentioned in my post on winter skin 
( http://skinstudiobymegan.blogspot.com/2015/02/winter-skin.html ) you need to wear sunscreen even in the winter. Applying sunscreen to your hands will prevent sun damage and pigmentation problems.

2. Microdermabrasion & Chemical Peels- This is the easiest and quickest service to add on while you are getting a facial, chemical peel, or microdermabrasion...not to mention good on the wallet. I charge $10 to add on microdermabrasion or chemical peel on the hands during a treatment. I recommend doing this about once a month. This is great to start even in your twenties. The best way to avoid pigmentation is preventing it. Getting regular mechanical or chemical exfoliation treatments will help with pigmentation as well as fine lines & wrinkles.

3. IPL ( Intense Pulsed Light )- I would recommend IPL if you already have sun spots on your hands. If they have been there for quite awhile, this is your best option for removal. IPL feels like a rubber band snap. Later I will write a post all about IPL. I love IPL treatments. Your brown spots on the hands after treatment will appear darker then flake off...then nothing but amazing results with no downtime.


Don't forget to always apply a moisturizer to your hands as well as topical antioxidants(love to put my vitamin C serum on my neck, chest & hands). Start using these tips today to keep your hands appearing youthful! 



(photo's not mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment